- Charger recognizes Traxxas iD batteries to automatically program and optimize charger settings. Charges 5-8-cell NiMH batteries and 2S and 3S LiPO batteries
- One button LiPO storage charge protects your battery investment and advanced high-resolution peak detection delivers a perfect charge
- Easy to use interface with charge progress indicator and integrated cooling fan
- Advanced Mode for full manual control of charger settings and integrated balance ports for conventional LiPO batteries
- Refer user manual for troubleshooting steps
From the manufacturer
A Traxxas-Exclusive Innovation
Traxxas iD-equipped chargers are the only way to take full advantage of your iD-equipped batteries. The Traxxas iD battery system is the easier and safer way to charge your Traxxas batteries.
The Traxxas 2970 EZ-Peak charger instantly recognizes Traxxas iD batteries and automatically configures the charger settings for you. There’s no need to be a battery expert or learn how to navigate complex menus. The Traxxas iD system helps to eliminate costly charging errors by removing the guesswork. Just plug in a Traxxas iD battery and EZ-Peak Plus does the rest. Battery charging is easier and safer than ever before.
iD System Features
- Auto Battery Identification helps prevent costly charging errors
- Optimized for faster LiPo balance charging
- Easy to use interface
- Integrated balance leads – single connection charging
One Button Simplicity
Other chargers require you remember formulas and battery-specific data to avoid costly battery damage. With the Traxxas iD system, all you do is plug in your iD-equipped battery and press the start button. The charger automatically detects which battery you are using and performs all necessary calculations instantly.
The EZ-Peak Plus charges both NiMH and LiPo batteries. Charge 5-8 NiMH batteries or 2-cell or 3-cell LiPo batteries without the hassles of conventional chargers.
Three Charge Modes
The Traxxas 2970 charger features three charge modes for your LiPo batteries. Choose Storage Mode to protect your LiPo battery investment by properly setting up your batteries for extended storage periods. Choose Balance Mode to balance your LiPo batteries’ individual cells or Fast Mode when time is limited.
LED Progress Bar
The easy-to-use progress bar keeps you informed on your battery’s charging status. Just plug in your iD-equipped battery and press the start button. When the charge status light turns green, you’re finished. Nothing could be easier.
Legacy Battery Support
Charge your non-iD equipped Traxxas batteries with ease. The EZ-Peak Plus features a port on the front for older Traxxas LiPo batteries with separate balance connectors. A separate Advanced Mode allows you to configure the charger manually. The 2970 charger is the only charger you will ever need.
Traxxas Customer Support
When you buy a Traxxas, you become part of the Traxxas family. Our customer support team is here to help you every step of the way. Call on weekdays from 8:30am to 9:00pm Central Time to speak to a friendly R/C expert. We also offer support anytime on our website or via email. Traxxas models are about experiencing total performance and satisfaction, not just in the products, but also with the company that stands behind them.
- AC Input: 100–240 Volts
- Charge Current Range: 1.0-4.0A (40W Max)
- Discharge Current Range: 500mAh
- NiMH Battery Cell Count: 5–8 Cells
- LiPo Cell Count: 2–3 Cells
- Net Weight: 365g
- Dimensions: 146 x 123 x 53mm
Quick Features On Ez-Peak Plus (#2970) Charger
- Recognizes Traxxas iD batteries to automatically
- Easy to use interface with charge progress indicator
- Optimized for faster LiPo balance charging
- One button LiPo storage charge protects your battery investment
- Advanced high-resolution peak detection delivers a perfect charge
- Built-in cooling fan
- Advanced Mode for full manual control of charger settings
- Legacy support for all Traxxas High-Current Connectors
- Built-in balance ports for conventional LiPo batteries
- Charges 5-8-cell NiMH batteries
- Charges 2s and 3s LiPo batteries
|Also available:||Battery / Charger Completer Pack||Battery / Charger Completer Pack||Battery / Charger Completer Pack||Battery / Charger Completer Pack|
|Charger||2970 EZ Peak Plus 4-amp charger||2972 EZ-Peak Dual 8-amp charger||2969 2-amp charger||2969 2-amp charger|
|Batteries||One 2843X 5800 mAh 7.4V LiPo battery||Two 2869X 7600 mAh 7.4V LiPo batteries||One 2926X 8.4v 3000mAh NiMH “flat pack”||One 2923X 8.4v 3000mAh NiMH “hump pack”|
The Traxxas iD battery system is the easiest and safest way to charge your Traxxas batteries. The EZ-Peak Plus recognizes Traxxas iD batteries and in an instant automatically configures and optimizes the charger settings. There’s no need to be a battery expert or learn how to navigate complex menus. Just plug in a Traxxas iD battery and EZ-Peak Plus (#2970) does all the work for you. The integrated balance connector on Traxxas LiPo iD batteries eliminates fragile balance wires and connectors, along with the need for external balance boards. At the press of a button, the EZ-Peak Plus’ Storage Mode protects your LiPo battery investment by safely preparing the batteries for extended storage. 4-amp fast charging and advanced high-resolution peak detection deliver a perfect charge every time. The EZ-Peak Plus is backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty for years of reliable service.